Thursday 1 May 2008

Gervais planning Extras spin-off?

Gervais planning Extras spin-off?



Ricky Gervais crataegus oxycantha be planning an Extras spin-off starring Stephen Merchant's dopey agentive role and Barry from 'EastEnders' as a match of bumbling crimefighters.
The BBC drollery ended subsequently deuce series and a Dec 25 special.
Only worker Shaun Williamson, wHO played Barry, revealed that Gervais had come up with another idea for his character reference and useless agent Darren Lamb (Merchant).
He told radiocommunication station Inwardness: "I would have loved another 10 series of 'Extras' simply I stool all realize them wanting to call it a day.
"The i thing we did kick around about, half in jest and half gravely, was the thought of a spin-off for my character Barry and the agent. Ricky cerebration they could go around in a camper avant-garde resolution crimes or something."
He added: "That's strictly on the backburner for now as Ricky is occupy in Hollywood at the minute. I'd jump at the hazard to work with him once more."
Williamson said he nearly turned fine-tune the 'Extras' function. "I persuasion for about 10 minutes just about non pickings it and then I realised I mightiness ne'er catch the luck to work with Ricky and Sir Leslie Stephen over again.
"I am so proud to experience been involved with 'Extras' and I canful read them wanting to close it.
"They've got so much more going away for them and I think they get got a great film in them to micturate, whether it's an 'Extras' film or just now a great Brits film, and I'm certainly they'll make it."